- All Students will be charged a Registration fee. This Fee is valid for a calendar year as per the Gymnastics NSW Registration Policy.
- The information I have provided is complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and I undertake to advise Gravity Gymnastics promptly of any changes that occur.
MAKE UP POLICY
- Make-up classes can be arranged for genuine illness and/or special circumstances. However, notification of absence must be given prior to the student missing the start of their normal training session.
- Parents must notify the club in writing that their child wishes to drop the class they have been enrolled in. However, if you do not have a legitimate reason, refund for classes unattended will not be given. Refer to our Payment & Refund Policy.
WHAT TO WEAR
- Clothing that is tight fitting, stretchy and comfortable. Leotards, crop tops and shorts/leggings are also a great alternative. Socks may be required for some activities, however generally bare feet at all times. NO chewing gum or dangling jewellery. Hair should be pulled neatly and securely away from the face so that is stays up for the entire lesson. Girls should not wear bows or other large hair ornaments that may cause discomfort during the class. Personal items should be left in cubby holes. Jewellery & Watches should not be worn during classes. PLEASE LEAVE ALL JEWELLERY ARTICLES AT HOME. This facilities staff will not be responsible for ANY items that may be lost or stolen. Be sure your child’s personal items are marked with their name.
ARRIVAL AND PICKUP
- Be sure your child arrives at least 5 minutes before his/her scheduled class time. Please pick up your child on time. Please inform us if you know you will be late picking up your child. All children will be instructed to wait inside the building and you will be required to escort them from the building to your car. During peak times the parking lot is crowded. Please take into consideration that our students may include young children. Please drive slowly and carefully. Do not take a chance on your child running to and from your car.
- Please park in the marked carapaces for Gravity Gymnastics only, alternatively if these are full please find a car park on the road.
- Please do not drive up and park or drop at the front door of our centre as this is dangerous for children entering/exiting the premises.
- I hereby indemnity Gravity Gymnastics, its Officers, Coaches and Assistants against any claim by or on behalf of the child/myself while participating in club activities. I the parent or Guardian give permission for Gravity Gymnastics to obtain medical attention as required for emergency situations, if I or my nominated others cannot be contacted. I understand that all associated costs of this treatment are my liability and not that of Gravity Gymnastics and / or its representatives. To the best of my knowledge, my child is a normal healthy child able and willing to take part in Gravity Gymnastics activities.
- I hereby consent to my child becoming a Member of Gravity Gymnastics and participating in activities organised by the Club and agree to abide by the terms and conditions as set out above and in Gravity Gymnastics Policies.
- I understand that participating in Gymnastics actives carries with it a reasonable assumption if risk.
PAYMENT AND REFUND RULES
All gymnastics classes and annual Gymnastics NSW registration fees are to be paid in full upon registration. Gravity Gymnastics does not hold places without paid registration and fees.
Gravity Gymnastics does not refund Registration fees except in special circumstances. Refunds may be considered for serious injury or illness only. Consideration for a refund must be made in writing to the Gravity Gymnastics by e-mail to email@example.com. A decision to offer a refund will be at the discretion of Gravity Gymnastics.
Where it is confirmed a refund is due, it will be made within 14 days of receiving the refund request. Refunds will be paid into your nominated bank account.
The following additional rules will apply:
- Non-attendance at general training sessions does not qualify a customer or member for a refund, transfer, credit or exchange against fees paid.
- Training fees do not include costs for events or any uniform items. The fees are applied for the coaching/tuition provided and use of the Club’s gymnastics related equipment and expenses.
- A non-refundable annual Club membership and governing body registration fee applies. This membership is valid from January 1st to December 31st in the current year and is paid through Gravity Gym to Gymnastics NSW.
- Claims for refunds, transfer, credit or exchange will not be considered unless accounts are paid up-to-date or in credit.
- Make-up classes can be arranged for genuine illness and/or special circumstances only. However, notification of absence must be given priorto the customer missing the start of their normal training session. The absence will be noted on iClass, this will allow you to do a make-up lesson within the same term, please contact the office to arrange the session. Make-up lessons do not transfer to the next term for missing the last week of term unless a medical certificate is provided and notice is given in advance.
- All new members are eligible to do a free trial of their selected class, this trial can be booked through the iClass online parent portal, via phone or email, this allows time to make decisions to commit to the program. After participating in the free trial, fees and registration must be paid in full to hold the position in the class. Registration and term fees will not be refunded for change of mind, registration and fees can be changed to an alternate class during the same term, any extra fees will be applied as a credit.
- Members who are unable to attend an event due to extenuating circumstances (i.e. family death, major illness, etc) may write to Gravity Gymnasticsand with written evidence may be eligible for consideration of a refund, regardless of notice.
- If Gravity Gymnastics cancels the scheduled class or event, members may elect to be given a 100% refund or they may choose to allow Gravity Gymnastics to retain their full payment as a credit on your account until the class or event is re-scheduled or for the following term.
- Any payments that default may incur a dishonour fee of $25 that will be added on as an additional fee onto the Parent Portal in iClass.
- No new bookings, including holiday activities or events will be taken for any accounts with outstanding balances.
- Credit cards saved on the Parent Portal in iClass may be used to pay outstanding fees, Gravity Gymnastics Staff will contact members to advise before payments are taken.
We understand that not all families are able to make the financial commitment to pay fees in advance. To assist with this Gravity Gymnastics has a payment plan option. To be considered for this you will need to see the staff at the front desk to complete and sign your agreement, once signed you will be booked in for your class.
How does it work?
- A deposit of $50 to hold the place in the class must be paid along with any annual registration owing.
- The balance must be paid by the Monday of week 7 of the term as week 8-9 we take new enrolments for following term.
- A new payment plan will need to be completed each term.
- Payments are to be made via credit card (Visa or Mastercard) cash payments must be approved by management prior to form being signed.
- A $25 late fee will be charged to your iClass account for payments that bounce or are missed.
- If payments are not made, I understand that my child/children will not be allowed to participate until balance is paid.
- The Payment Plan must be paid regardless of attendance, as per Gravity Gymnastics Payment and Refund policy.
- Payment options
Fortnightly payments– These will be taken out on the Monday each fortnight until the balance is paid in full. These dates will be given to you in a copy of the payment plan.
Half term payments – The fees can be divided into two payments, the deposit, paid to hold your place, a minimum $50 and any registration fees. The following payment can be made on a Monday as agreed in the payment plan, before week 7.